Turkey- Home of Turquoise
The Promotional film «Turkey- Home of Turquoise»
internationally awarded as the best of the year
Athens, 1 November 2016. The promotional film “Turkey- Home of Turquoise” created by the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism in cooperation with Turkish Airlines has been used in the international promotional campaign of Turkey through the “Turkey Home” social media accounts but also through various advertising channels all over the world. The film participated in prominent festivals organized by the International Committee of Tourism Film Festivals- CIFFT and won many prizes.
CIFFT is a festival committee, with currently 15 tourism film festival members around the globe. The purpose is to maintain and encourage the consciousness of audio-visual work in the international tourism industry. Each of the 15 festivals holds its own international jury and independently awards the films entered into the competition.
The “Turkey- Home of Turquoise” won the first prize in the category: “Tourism Promotional Films- Destinations” in the following Tourism Film Festivals:
· ART&TUR – International Tourism Film Festival (Vila Nova de Gaia City/Portugal)
· Cannes Corporate Media & TV Awards (Cannes/France)
· Film Art & Tourism Festival “FilmAT” (Lublin/Poland)
· ITFF-Bulgaria “On the East Coast of Europe” (Veliko Tarnovo/Bulgaria)
· SILAFEST – The International Festival of Tourist and Ecology Film (Veliko Gradište/Serbia)
· Tourfilm Karlovy Vary (Karlovy Vary/Czech Republic)
· Tourfilm Riga (Riga/Latvia)
· US International Film & Video Festival (Los Angeles/USA)
· Zagreb Tourfilm Festival (Zagreb/Croatia)
· International Istanbul Tourism Film Festival (Istanbul/Turkey)
· Following the Equator – International Tourism Film Festival (Iru Fushi / Maldives)
“Turkey- Home of Turquoise” film was announced as the Grand Prix for the world-wide best tourism film of the year and will receive its prize at the CIFFT “Festival of Festivals” held in Vienna in 26-28 January 2017.