International Tourism Exhibition “Philoxenia 2016”
Authentic tastes, traditional music and the “Tree of Fortune”
offered a delightful journey to Turkey
During the International Tourism Exhibition “Philoxenia 2016”, held from 18 to 20 November in Thessaloniki, the visitors of “Τurkey Home” stand at Pavilion 15, had the chance to “travel” to Turkey by tasting the original Turkish cuisine, listening to traditional music as well as entering the “Travel to Turkey with the Tree of Fortune” contest.
In a heartwarming atmosphere, the Culture and Tourism Office of the Turkish Embassy welcomed visitors with delicacies, Turkish coffee and tea, while the well-known chef, Maria Ekmekçioğlu, prepared unique treats for children and adults. A special note was added by the musicians, D. Vassiliiadis and K. Papagiannidis, who played beautiful melodies on the oud and kanun. In addition, a lucky couple that had entered the “Tree of Fortune” contest will have the opportunity to travel to their favorite destination and experience the Turkish hospitality.
The Greek Minister of Tourism, Ms. Elena Kountoura, Alternate Minister of Energy and Environment, Mr. Socrates Famelos, Deputy Minister for Macedonia and Thrace, Ms. Maria Kollia-Tsaroucha, the chairman of the board of TIF-Helexpo, Mr. Anastassios Tzikas, the CEO of TIF-Helexpo, Mr. Kyriakos Pozrikidis, visited the Τurkey Homestand, where they met and discussed with the Consul-General of Turkey in Thessaloniki, Mr. Orhan Yalman Okan and the Culture and Tourism Attaché of the Turkish Embassy, Ms. Asli Aksungur.
Furthermore, during the opening cocktail party, representatives from the tourism industry had the chance to exchange views about the sector developments in both Greece and Turkey.
The President of the Hellenic Association of Travel and Tourism Agents (HATTA), Mr. Lyssandros Tsilidis, offered an honorary award to the Culture and Tourism Attaché of the Turkish Embassy, Ms. Asli Aksungur, in acknowledgement of the fruitful collaboration between HATTA and the Culture and Tourism Office during her tenure in Greece.
The Culture and Tourism Office of the Turkish Embassy hosted in its stand the Association of Turkish Travel Agencies- Türsab, the Turkish Hotels Association- Turob, the Turkish Airlines, the Trabzon Provincial Directorate of Culture and Tourism, the Çanakkale Provincial Directorate of Culture and Tourism, the Pegasus Airlines, the East Mediterranean International Tourism and Travel Exhibition- EMITT, the Edirne Association of Promoting and Tourism, the Antalya Konyaltı Municipality and various travel agencies and hotels.
- Νο1a - no1b - A view of the “Turkey Home” stand
- Νο2 – (From left to right) the Consul-General of Turkey in Thessaloniki, Orhan Yalman Okan, the Culture and Tourism Attaché of the Turkish Embassy, Asli Aksungur, the Deputy Minister for Macedonia and Thrace, Maria Kollia-Tsaroucha, the Trabzon Provincial Director of Culture and Tourism Ali Ayvazoğluand the chairman of the board of TIF-Helexpo, Anastassios Tzikas
- Νο3 – (From left to right) the Deputy Minister for Macedonia and Thrace, Maria Kollia-Tsaroucha,the Culture and Tourism Attaché of the Turkısh Embassy, Asli Aksungur, and the Minister of Tourism, Elena Kountoura, during the presentation of the honorary award by HATTA.
- Νο4 –(From left to right) the CEO of TIF-Helexpo, Kyriakos Pozrikidis, and Asli Aksungur at the awarding of an honorary certificate for Turkey’s participation in Philoxenia 2016
- Νο5a - no5b – (From left to right) Alternate Minister of Energy and Environment, Socrates Famelos, and the Culture and Tourism Attaché, Asli Aksungur, during the drawing of the “Travel to Turkey with the Tree of Fortune” contest
- Νο6 –Νο7 Maria Ekmekçioğlu preparing original Turkish cuisine dishes
- Νο8 – Musicians K. Papagiannidis and D. Vassiliadis took the visitors on a musical trip with their oud and kanun melodies.
- Νο9 – The “Tree of Fortune”